Friday, May 7, 2010

And it wasn't even me

This will be short, but I had to blog about Lilla's first swear word. First of all, I am a pretty bad potty mouth. I try to be good around my daughter, well and most people, however, I slip....and a lot, which usually gets me "the look" from John. Right, I know....I shouldn't swear....ugh.

One morning this week, we are getting in the car to start our day. Drop Lilla off at daycare, drop me off at work, John drives to work....that's our routine. Most mornings.....clockwork. Well, on this particular day, our neighbor was getting some landscaping done and I noticed that there was a rather large pick-up truck parked directly at the end our driveway, not blocking, but it was RIGHT there.

So, we're all loaded in, John starts backing up, I look back and I see we are less then an inch from side swiping this truck, to which I turn to John and say something to the effect of...."stop! You're going to hit the truck." John, doesn't even hesitate, turns around and says "well, I can't see a God Damn thing!"......to which Lilla replies, (in her sweet little voice) "I can't see a god dammmn thing." (when Lilla tries out a new word, she elongates the syllables....making it more funny). HA HA HA HA, I really couldn't help but laugh. John, knowing the second that he said it, looked down, horrified.

So, it turns out John was the one to introduce swear words to our daughter. On the scale of 1 to 10, I don't really count what John said as "that bad", maybe a 3 or 4. It could have worse. If it would have been me driving, it would have been worse. And, to ease John's guilt, we haven't heard Lilla use this term again....but it's there....just waiting, I can tell. =)

1 comment:

myMOMlife said...

LOVE IT! I can totally picture the scenario....stressed, it's morning, everyone is rather crabby and then this truck is in the way. AGH! Nice job Lilla (and John)!!