Friday, May 28, 2010

She's onto something

A little note....my daughter may be a genius. I can't be sure yet, but by what came out of her mouth last night.....well, I have to give her props.

Lilla proclaimed last night: "Girls are nice, and boys are grossy!" Not really sure where she heard this or how she came up with it......but yep, that pretty much sums it up. =) Now, of course, her father was a little sad because he is after all lumped into the grossy bunch, and we tested them all. Daddio, Papa, Grandpa, Simon, Avery, Jo-jo, Uncle Tom, Uncle Mark, Uncle Brian, Ogiba, Patrick, Ryan, Bjorn, Liam, and the other Simon (from daycare)......all boys, all grossy. There are no exceptions. Being on the nice side of this equation, which I'm betting that I will not be here forever......I will relish in it now.

I'm more or less writing this down, so that when Lilla turns into a teenager who thinks boys are the end all of everything, I can remind her.....at one time, you thought they were gross. =) And in other times in your life that you can not foresee.....you may think they are gross (for brief truly boy moments) again later. Of course, I will also tell her how wonderful they (boys) can be.....but that's a whole other post for the very distant future.....for now....gross.

1 comment:

myMOMlife said...

Oh grossy. That's awesome. I sometimes want to be a fly on the wall when i am not around Molly to see what she is like around other people. I think, as people tell me, she can be quit enjoyable. And then they come up with funny things like "grossy". Awesome!